University Benefits and Other Useful Travel Info
General Information

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you need any further information. Thank you for your interest in spending your exchange period at the Harokopio University of Athens!


VISA is required for non-EU citizens

Athens Transportation

You can issue a card for the means of transport from the issuing office in Syntagma. Alternatively you can visit the website below for more information. Note that the discount ticket/card can be provided through the HUA’s student ID card

Athens Transportation

Travelling to Greece
The official portal for studies in Greece
Health Care

It is necessary to have a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if applicable.

Otherwise, make sure you have adequate travel health insurance and accessible funds to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad and repatriation.

Note that EHIC doesn’t replace travel insurance, but while you are in a foreign country it guarantees your medical treatment under the same conditions and at the same cost as locals insured in that country.

Free Meals

HUA's student meal card provides you with breakfast and two free meals daily on campus. The link below is not availiable when applications are closed. You will be notified through email when applications are open.


As Harokopio University does not offer accommodation to International students, you have to look for private housing.

It is highly advisable to do so before your arrival. We can assist you by providing relevant links, such as:

As soon as you have finalized your travel arrangements, you are kindly requested to provide us with your arrival information and address in Athens.

Access Map